Re: Can heat affect stick on repairs?

  • jmullmd@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 11:41 AM
      Hi Roy,

      I live in Arizona and do a fair amount of kitesurfing in nearby
      northern Mexico where it's pretty HOT lots of the time. I repaired a
      spot on my Mosquito a year ago with some ripstop tape from West
      Marine...cost a few bucks a roll. This stuff sticks well and is not
      gummy. Seems pretty tough. Not saying this is the best stuff as I
      wouldn't have any idea, but I can tell you that it has worked out well
      for me.

      Interesting your ARC experience in the lighter winds. When I am in the
      lightest conditions what has worked best for me is applying tension to
      the rear lines during the kite's downstroke when I'm "sining" it, but
      sheet all the way out when it's on the upstroke. For me, too much
      tension on the upstroke makes my ARCs want to stall in real light wind.
      I am using a bar with the rear lines attached while the front lines are
      directly connected to my harness.

      Good luck with your repairs and have fun,

      John