Re: Conflict of Interest : Secretary Position AKSA

  • darrenthepres@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hey Aruzer,

      I'm sorry, I knew the wind situation in Australia was desperate, but
      jeez, I had no idea it had become so bad.

      I recommend taking two asprin and getting a flight to somewhere windy
      and spend a few days kiting, then come see me again if your pain
      doesn't go away.

      At least if you take the trip, our pain will go away. ;~)

      I pray for wind for you,

      Darren Marshall
      President AKSA

      (This is my final post on this thread)

      --- In kitesurf@y..., aruzer@y... wrote:
> [...]
      > >
      > > We do have strong support from a small handful of individuals in
      > some
      > > states willing to start putting things together in their local
      area
      > > to get the new structure off the ground, and to these people I
      and
      > > the committee members, I say thank you.
      > >
      > > Let me also tell you, 12 months ago when I used to send out the
      > > newsletter to all members via email, I would get NO RESPONSE from
      > 70
      > > recipients, even after a call to respond with a reply, just to
      make
      > > sure my email was working I would get 1 or 2 replies. This shows
      > the
      > > general level of apathy in the Australian kitesurfing community.
      >
      > > Typical, no one says a word or lifts a finger to help, the
      > committee
      > > work hard and then those that enjoy the fruits of the committees
      > > labour sit around whinging and accusing of conflict of interest?
      > > Wake up to yourself. Now who's credability is looking shaky?
      >
      > (R) Whats New, it's like our cricket club, but we are not whingeing.
      > At least our Chairman doesn't own the Sports Shop.
      > >
      > > Thanks and sorry to all the persons who do care and make an
      effort.

      > (R) To buy product from us.
      >
      > > My personal thanks also go out to my fellow AKSA committee
      members
      > > who are at home in the cold, not kitesurfing and still working
      > > tirelessly in my absence. My hat is off to you blokes.
      > >

      > > MAHALO!
      > >
      > > Darren Marshall
      > > Founding President, Australian Kite Surfing Association.
      > > And Owner Operator of Australian Kiteboarding School
      >
      > CHECKLIST Sec/Treasurer web site with competition with no T/C
      permit
      > Raffle on Reg premises no permit.
      > Hope the Insurance deal has no similar oversights....
      >

      > Cheers,
      > aruzer
      >

      > > --- In kitesurf@y..., aruzer@y... wrote:
      > > > Yes Darren,
      > > > But the AKSA has a credibility problem.In Australian
      > > > public sporting organisations, People
      > > > in ownership or
      > > > with a vested interest in a commercial business selling
      > > > equipment are normally barred from public office.
      > > > Is he AKSA Secretary?
      > > > It's not that Steve may be a top guy or the best man for the
      > > > job, it's just that people will say he could use his influence
      > > > as secretary for contacts for product sales.
      > > > Didn't anyone think about this when you elected him?
      > > > Look what happens to politicians with a vested interest.
      > > > Chop chop.
      > > > From what I've seen of him on this board he is an honest man
      > > > and certainly isn't a guy who would sell kites from the boot of
      > his
      > > > car. I'm sorry, In most organisations people who sell product
      > > > distance themselves from public organisations.

      Long

    • aruzer@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2001
        Darren,
        Well that's right. No doubt you and the guys having had
        that situation brought to your attention will work
        to attract
        new members from a non business background.
        I would suggest you extend your committee to 12
        (appoint 6 Non Biz 6 Biz (healthy Mix)
        That's 4 more committee members. I also think that
        it should be the AKANZ.)Why not open and extend membership to
        New Zealanders?
        Could be good
        aruzer

      • TIM MELLOR
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 3, 2001
          Dear Mr RUZER,

          stop trying to stir the pot, do the smart thing at the next AGM and get you
          and all of your good mates to stand against the EVIL commercial sponsors and
          promoters of Kitesurfing in this Country. When you have suckseeded in your
          attempt then try and approach the same people for sponsorship and see how
          far you get!!!! I think you will find over time even though it may have been
          instigated and run by commercial interests others will eventually finish up
          running it, we have enough to do in running a business! Just out of interest
          who are you really? Are you a commercial operator in disguise just beating
          up your competition?

          Regards :-)))

          Tim Mellor
          Kite-House

          PS The wind here also SUCKS big time 1-3 Knots.