RE: [ksurf] ARC 1120 pulling to left

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
      I think it has been reported here once before, but I don't think that was a
      new kite.
      If the lines are uneven on an inflatable/sled type kite then the bar is
      tilted to one side when the kite is held overhead.
      If the kite drifts off to one side as you describe then it has some inbuilt
      asymetry, return it to your dealer, Peter Lynn Ltd are very supportive of
      their products and human errors can be made.
      I will be talking to Peter Lynn in the next couple of days, I'll get back to
      you if he tells me anything of interest on this unusual problem with a very
      small number of Arcs.
      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      www.kitepower.com.au
      open 7 days
      126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
      Phone +61293157894

      Subject: Re: [ksurf] ARC 1120 pulling to left

      I checked all line lengths and had to adjust one of the powerlines by
      about 3/4 inch. I flew it again tonight in very light winds and the
      pull was less obvious but still there. It seems to find its neutral
      position about 10 degrees off to the left. If you put it right above
      you it almost always heads off to the left within a few seconds. I
      tried compensating by shortening a powerline 4 or 5 inches which
      helps bring it into neutral but then the kite handles weird during
      normal flying. The problem is definitely more pronounced when the
      brakes are completely slack.
      Hmmm. This kite has only been in the air a few times in total so it
      shouldn't be stretched yet. I will try it one more time in more wind
      as it was a little difficult to be sure today in such light winds.
      Anyone ever get a new Arc with this problem?
      Bruce
    • Mel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
        <cpbs@...> wrote:

        > It seems to find its neutral
        > position about 10 degrees off to the left.

        10 degrees doesn't seem like THAT much. Does it try to dive when riding
        with it parked on port tack?

        Mel