RF5120 Ronstan cleat is discontinued

  • dougtraub@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2001
      Ronstan told me they discontinued the RF5120 and didn't recommend any
      shops that might have some. The 5120 was replaced by the larger and
      heavier RF5121.

      I have been using the RF5121 for a few days and it seems fine. I
      never had a chance to try or even see a 5120. To get the 5121 to
      work I bought a SS eyebolt from a hardware store (West Marine doesn't
      stock one that is small enough.), cut off the excess bolt and used
      lock tight on the nut.

      Here is a copy of the email I received from Ronstan.

      "The RF5120 has been discontinued; that's why you can't find it! I'm
      afraid we have none left.

      Rebecca Lindquist

      Customer Service

      Ronstan International