Re: [ksurf] New file uploaded to kitesurf

  • Art Clark
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 18, 2001
      tes

    • jmullmd@home.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 18, 2001
        > > Description : Lou's Bar, a drawing which explains what it does and why it has to that way.

        Just conjecture here as I've never used Lou's bar. To me, it doesn't
        "have to be that way." It IS that way because the centerlines sliding
        on that pulley allow more than twice the amount of pull on a rear line
        relative to the front line for a given bar length. It's just a cool
        "brake doubler" system to allow LOU to use a 12 inch bar and steer like
        he's got a much longer bar. Just my thought, feel free to attack at
        your convenience...John
      • bnow@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 18, 2001
          John

          LOL: This is funny but true. : )

          "Just my thought, feel free to attack at your convenience...John"

          Mark
        • Andre Myburgh
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 24, 2002
            Found this on kite-surf.com.

            Bring on new models - more 'OLD' ones for me to pick up cheap.

            Cheers

            André

            mopman365 <andrem@...>

          • Dwight & Jacky
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2002
              The pulley line will collapse the outside leaders as modified. I'm not sure what problem you're
              trying to solve. You can reach the strap the way it is.

              > Hello,

              > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kitesurf
              > group.
              >
              > File : /Kitepower Australia/Alternatetolou's.jpg
              > Uploaded by : sydney4001 <sydney@...>
              > Description : Lou's Sys with a mod. Sorry Its a bit crude
              >
              > You can access this file at the URL

              > Regards,
              >
              > sydney4001 <sydney@...>

            • Kitepower
              Message 6 of 14 , May 22, 2002
                Who's the beautiful model, from the boss at home? :-))

                > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kitesurf
                > group.
                >
                > File : /Kitepower Australia/vest1.jpg
                > Uploaded by : sydney4001 <sydney@...>
                > Description : Rip Curl Impact Vest with waist harness
                >
                > You can access this file at the URL

                > Regards,
                >
                > sydney4001 <sydney@...>
                >

                > This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
                > The Original - For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers
                >
                > http://www.KiteHigh.com
                >
                > 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
                > Email:support@...
                >
                > &lt;&lt;&lt;to unsubscribe send a message to
                kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com&gt;&gt;&gt;

              • gregwalshau
                Message 7 of 14 , May 22, 2002
                  --- In kitesurf@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
                  > Who's the beautiful model, from the boss at home? :-))

                  So Steve are you selling young boys with frowny looks and rubber
                  clothing now. :o)

                  I have a Ripcurl vest very similar to that one. It feels quite snug
                  with my Wipika waist harness. Unfortunately, after the first jump the
                  harness slips a little and the vest got pushed up around my neck
                  causing major choking. I thought I was going to die.

                  I've used the vest with a seat harness and it worked ok.

                  Maybe putting velcro around the inside of the harness and the outside
                  of the vest might allow them to bond together to make a solid system.

                  I think the ideal harness PFD would be a waist style harness with
                  some leg straps to stop it riding up. I don't believe there is any
                  waist harness that doesn't ride up when the going gets tough.

                  The top of the waist harness should be extended up over the shoulders
                  like the old style chest harnesses. You want a low neck line at the
                  front to avoid choking and so you can tuck your chin on your chest to
                  do forward rolls and stuff.

                  The flotation has to be streamlined so that it doesn't provide too
                  much drag when you hit the water hard. It's not the buoyancy that
                  causes neck problems, it's the stiffness and the surface area when
                  you hit the water.

                  It also has to have no sticky out bits for the lines to snag on. (So
                  why does every seat harness have those stupid buckles on the back?)

                  Regards

                  Greg
                • Stefano Rosso
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 28, 2002
                    you could add 2 depowers to the bakc lines !

                    kitesurf@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                    > Hello,

                    > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kitesurf
                    > group.
                    >
                    > File : /Loose Depower SYSTEM/depower 2.pdf
                    > Uploaded by : ggaltarossa <gianvi@...>
                    > Description : SPINNING BAR WITHOUT POWER STRAP
                    >
                    > You can access this file at the URL

                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > ggaltarossa <gianvi@...>
                    >

                    > This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
                    > The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland shipping.
                    >
                    > http://www.KiteHigh.com
                    >
                    > 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
                    > Email:support@...

                  • kiteboard2000
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 1, 2002
                      --- In kitesurf@y..., Stefano Rosso <stefano@o...> wrote:

                      > you could add 2 depowers to the bakc lines !

                      Like Gaastra kites have.

                      Or if you're using a snap shackle instead of the trim loop, you could
                      add a depower strap between the spreader & the shackle (taking about
                      as much space as a trim loop).

                      Mel
                    • Stefano Rosso
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 15, 2002
                        with this and a quick release on the leash you should be set to go !

                        kitesurf@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                        > Hello,

                        > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kitesurf
                        > group.
                        >
                        > File : /Hernan Stuff/ring for leash
                        > Uploaded by : hernanhome <hernanhome@...>
                        > Description :
                        >
                        > You can access this file at the URL

                        > Regards,
                        >
                        > hernanhome <hernanhome@...>
                        >

                        > This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
                        > The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland shipping.
                        >
                        > http://www.KiteHigh.com
                        >
                        > 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
                        > Email:support@...

                      • Dwight & Jacky
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 13, 2002
                          Holly cow! great idea for footstraps. I'm off to copy them right away. I'm
                          trying again for the 3rd or 4th time to convert from bindings. Straps still
                          suck, but I'm determined to convert.

                          Dwight

                          > Hello,

                          > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kitesurf
                          > group.
                          >
                          > File : /lou.bmp
                          > Uploaded by : flysurfboardingiscool <flysurfboardingiscool@...>
                          > Description : Lou Wainman's New Board
                          >
                          > You can access this file at the URL

                          > Regards,
                          >
                          > flysurfboardingiscool <flysurfboardingiscool@...>
                          >

                          > This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
                          > For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers
                          >
                          > http://www.KiteHigh.com
                          >
                          > Win Board or Cabrinha Kite sweepstakes on now.
                          >
                          > 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA
                          > 808 579 9849
                          > Email:support@...

                        • Suntrax
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 14, 2002
                            Dwight

                            I have tried every combination and File Search but cannot find this,
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/files/lou.bmp , only a blank Paint
                            page.

                            Help!

                            Regards

                            Brian

                            (====o]></

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~

                            Brian Wilson
                            Suntrax
                            Tel/fax 27 21 5560044
                            cell; 0824656696
                            www.suntrax.co.za
                            suntrax@...

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            > This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
                            > For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers
                            >
                            > http://www.KiteHigh.com
                            >
                            > Win Board or Cabrinha Kite sweepstakes on now.
                            >
                            > 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA
                            > 808 579 9849
                            > Email:support@...

                          • flysurfboardingiscool
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 14, 2002
                              Try it now, I changed it to a jpeg to save space in the files area.

                            • Gabe Le
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 18, 2005
                                can you cut off the kindergarten crap?! this is
                                K-I-T-E-S-U-R-F-I-N-G, not playground for adults
                                thinking in kindergarten level...

                                http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide