The DR World Championship......

  • elifuller@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2001
      This place is fantastic and alll the big pros are here including
      Robby Naish, Fadi, Chris, Darren, Julie,......
      We did one round today all the way to the final which was cancelled
      because of a late afternoon thunderstorm. I managed to qualify and
      got third in my first heat which prevented me from advancing. The
      same happened to Fadi, Flash, Darren, and a couple other "stars". The
      level is the most competitive ever which is what everyone here is
      saying. My good windsurfing buddy, Martin Vari from Argentina, also
      sponsored by Kick ass Cabrinha is IN THE FINAL TOMORROW MORINIG WITH
      ROBBY NAISH. Last year while at a windsurf event in Puerto Rico with
      Vari, he showed me some of his moves. I figured he would be world
      champ. He's 19 and I think he will be world champion kitesurfer soon.
      Tomorrow he may get his first big win. I hope so. To tell you how the
      level is.....the girls are landing smooth from four back loop
      rotations with deadmen-back loop transitions too!!!!!!
      The video will be available from the BMC World Kiteboarding
      Championship Tour soon.
      The second round will start tomorrow after today's final. I have
      learned plenty since my last heat. Cabrinha kites are kicking
      Eli in DR but from
      Antigua
      http://www.kiteantigua.com
    • ssgray@candw.ag
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2001
        Go for it Eli! The rest of us kitesurfers here in Antigua (all 2 of
        us) are behind you all the way. How is Andre doing? See you at
        Jabberwock when you get back.
        Steve