co2 vs wipi free air

  • idwmv@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hello all,

      I'd like to buy a 2 line kite and I'm deciding between a Cabrinha Co2
      and a 2001 wipi free air. I'm mostly intrested in the co2 because of
      Cabrinha's really cool control bar. I'm interested in the 2001 wipi
      cause Bruno (designer of wipika kites) has put renewed energy into
      the design for the airblast this year, and I wonder if that means the
      free air also got a revamp over previous models. Further, didn't
      Bruno also design the Cabrinha kites? Kinda a conflict of interest
      there.

      Anyone have any comments with these kites, which is easier to switch
      between 2 and 4 line, in general which is better construction, are
      the accesories better for one, any other things to think about to
      compare these?

      Thankx
    • jankie@indosat.net.id
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2001
        Ciao,
        we just rig today a co2 8,5 and even if personally I flight ARC i was
        well surprise from the quality of the kite, specially is coming with
        a very good bar, very very nice bag and finally with the best
        instruction manual I ever see...
        Also the Co2 is much cheaper then wipi at least on this part of the
        world. (Bali)
        Bye Jankie

      • adlamont@bigpond.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2001
          --- In kitesurf@y..., idwmv@y... wrote:
          Is there any reason why you want a convertable 2/4 line kite.
          I believe if you are going to be flying 4 lines you are better off
          with a 4 line kite. 2 line kites are great for those who have been
          kiting for years but if you are not already a legend I don t think
          there is much point to 2 line kites except for your first 3 or 4
          lessons/sessions, especially if you only own one or two kites and
          aren't blessed with constant predictable winds.
          My experience with the new wipi free air is that it is a much better
          two line kite than a 4 line to put it mildly.
          There have been some quality problems with cabrinha but I'm sure they
          will be sorrted out.
          andy