Re: [ksurf] Little cut on the tube of my inflatable

  • Andy Heaton
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2001
      <<I've had tremendous success repairing cuts by using kite material
      (don't know the word for the material, you know, the stuff of which
      90% of the kite is made of) in conjunction with super glue. That's
      right, super glue.>>

      Hehe, classic, that's how I fix 95% of my kite tears, NEVER had a failure yet. Easy to carry and cheap.

      With a 5 inch tear, you can simply clean the edges of the wound, run a bead of super along one edge and slightly overlap the joint, about 1mm is enough.

      You will not see the repair and will actually have trouble FINDING it.

      Occasionally, if bad enough, I'll add a patch. the Wipikas are good because the bag, comes with a tag attached on the outside, it's for indicating the color of your kite. This with super glue is your perfect repair kit for the bigger tears...and a perfect color match too.

      My first kite, a 5m Wipika Classic (that's all there was in the inflatables then) I cut the bag it came in to pieces after numerous learning accidents.

      The entire classic bags are made of the same color and material the kite inside is.

      Ahh those were the days, cutting up your bag to fix your kite 'cause there was no one to teach you how to not damage your kite. I remember one of my runs from The canoe hale at Lower Kanaha all the way to the treatment plant (quite a way) with nothing more than my knees getting wet I was so powered up, ahh... so that's why there's no one out today...a bit windy hey, ok...mental note taken, next...

      I'll get off my rocking chair now....it was only a little while ago:)

      Kite on
      Andy Heaton
      http://www.kitehigh.com

      LiteWAVE Designs in stock NOW.
      16m Airblasts IN STOCK NOW
      Wipika Free Air 2000 Kites 30% OFF
      KHaTT Twintips Available on Pre order, high demand!
      Ask about beginner custom package deals.

      Em: support@...
      Ph: 808 242 2956
      Cl: 808 250 KITE (5483)

      • stonini@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 1, 2001

        • kitemanic@yahoo.co.uk
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 1, 2001
            Haha funny when you think about the first batches of kites, my first
            kite was a naish ar3.5 5m kite (still got it today, good nick too!)
            and it came with a 32inch bar!!
            lates,
            DREW

            > Ahh those were the days, cutting up your bag to fix your
            >kite 'cause there was no one to teach you how to not damage your
            >kite. I remember one of my runs from The canoe hale at Lower Kanaha
            >all the way to the treatment plant (quite a way) with nothing
            >more .than my knees getting wet I was so powered up, ahh... so
            >that's why there's no one out today...a bit windy hey, ok...mental
            >note taken, next...
          • Federico A. Cetta
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 1, 2001
              Last Night I repaired the tear on the tube. I used some little piece of the
              kite material that came with it just to hold the bridle as a presentation
              for a non-used kite. I made two patches with them and glued one from the
              inside and tho other from the outside with "Pattex transparent". I think I
              made a very good job, today I inflated the tube and everything is cool, very
              well fixed. I hope not to have problems when kitesuring.

              Thanks to everybody for the advices given, I wouldnt have fixed the kite in
              the way I did with out your help. And now... just waiting for some wind!!!!

              Federico.