[ksurf] Re: Reel bar & safety release & multiple line lengths

  • Eric.Steinbroner@ReadRite.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 1999

      > Eric,
      >
      > What do you mean ? Most Wipika are used with a control bar...
      >

      > Jean-Noel.

      Sorry to confuse you Jean-Noel. I meant this:

      The kiteski control bar without a quick release is a dangerous thing. This is because the Wipika is always powered up. The kiteski control bar being dragged by the Wipika could hurt someone badly. Hung Vu and some others have come up with some interesting ways of solving this problem.

      Eric

    • SHUGART,STEVE (HP-Roseville,ex1)
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 7, 1999
        I finally got some R&R time in last week and flew my kite with reel and
        release 4 times.
        The release which is just a cleat on the inside of the reel and about 7 feet
        of extra sleeved
        line, worked nicely. I was able to depower the kite at the end of my run. I
        didn't try to
        release it and then reset it and fly on, but stay tuned. It was really nice
        to be able to depower the kite in front of the pine trees. After releasing
        it, I would just reel in, and drag the extra distance. It is really hard to
        determine 150' from shore, so I would usually release
        too soon. The winds were about 18-25 and I was on my 5.0 Wipika. I was too
        busy flying to try Hung's setup, which I think is preferable.

        Finally got some upwind action.......just needed lots of wind and edge!

        Steve

        > What do you mean ? Most Wipika are used with a control bar...
        >

        > Jean-Noel.

        Sorry to confuse you Jean-Noel. I meant this:

        The kiteski control bar without a quick release is a dangerous thing. This
        is because the Wipika is always powered up. The kiteski control bar being
        dragged by the Wipika could hurt someone badly. Hung Vu and some others
        have come up with some interesting ways of solving this problem.

        Eric

        Don't let the next virus knock you out! Special Offer to eGroups members
        Install @Backup by June 30th and win a $100 Gift Certificate from Amazon
        .com and @Backup free for a year! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/363

      • Warthog72@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 7, 1999
          how much about does it cost to start kiteboarding