[ksurf] Re: Four line kitesurfing

  • fox@foxwatersports.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 1999
      <0325679f.00479af0.0-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=3180
      > We are using the Traction Kites from Concept Air (currently the only
      > successful, near 100%water re-launchable kites we know of). We're using
      > them flat water in the Pamlico Sound and also in the ocean with no
      > problems.
      >
      > === Could you please describe what happens to these foild when hit by a
      > wave ? thanks
      >
      > Sure. They float, giving you the chance to re-launch by either the leading edge or the trailing edge of the kite, depending on which end is up. Of course if you crash the kite in the impact zone and it gets washed badly in the surf, you are going to have to head back to the beach to get things together and untangled. Samee thing happens to a lot of windsurfers who go down in the impact zone and are unable to get going right away.

      We are sailing these kites through the shorebreak at Cape Hatteras, notoriously some of the worst shorebreak anywhere, and not having problems. The Traction/Concept Air kites will float for a good 5 minutes before they get too wet to launch. Generally this is more than enough time to get re-launched.

      Art

    • Michel Montmigny
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 1999
        srosso@... wrote:

        > We are using the Traction Kites from Concept Air (currently the only
        > successful, near 100%water re-launchable kites we know of). We're using
        > them flat water in the Pamlico Sound and also in the ocean with no
        > problems.
        >
        > === Could you please describe what happens to these foild when hit by a
        > wave ? thanks

        > [click here]
        > Click Here!
        >
        > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf

        Hello Stephano and all,

        I just come back from Kitesurf and buggy holyday.

        I had a lot of fun riding and jumping the waves at Magdalena Island in
        Quebec(soon 0n our web site)

        I would like to try to answer that question myself.

        At the beginning I should say that nothing is perfect...and I'll try to
        be not too bad with my poor english.

        It's true that our kites are very powerfull and that our new WAVE is
        water relaunchable. On it we dont want or like to put any % of success.

        The thing in what everybody should put some attention, is where and in
        wich conditions they will go out.
        Also experience and skill is something very important that make all the
        difference, like in any sport.
        Using bar or handles in the beginning also make a difference.
        using four lines have more good points than bad points.

        Like I always say to our friends and customers, our WAVE TRACTION kites
        will relaunch most of the time, but if you fall after a big jump and the
        kite go in the water, faster you will relaunche it, better are your
        chances to fly rather than swim...

        Against a 1-3- meters high wave, any power kites using design and
        technologie like our, will have 50/50 chance to fly again.

        Have you ever try to stop an elephant?...

        If we could ask peoples to be very frank and ask them if their :
        F-ONE, WIPIKA, C-QUAD, CONCEPT AIR or any other brands on the market
        have at least few time contrained them to swim because their kite did
        not relaunche I think that nobody could say that it never happened.

        Just few worlds to answer Stephano question.

        Have nice breeze

        Michel Montminy
        www.conceptair.com