[ksurf] Equipment demo

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29 7:56 AM
      In the last few weeks I have read a number of posts on the new groups
      that say many great advancements about kitesurfing equipmnets such as
      "ride the board flat ... very fast", "powerful ... fast ... 100% water
      relauncheable foil", etc. While these posts excited me; however, when I
      dug into more details, I was not sure that I was convinced (and I
      believe other kitesurfers probably think the same way). So my reaction
      (and probably other kitesurfers too) in this case is to stick with the
      more "traditional", "proven" kitesurfing equipment such as the Wipika
      kites, the FOne boards and the KiteSki kites and boards.

      For a truely great revolutionary new piece of kitesurfing equipment,
      such treatment is "not fair". A lot of great revolutionary products do
      not "work" in theory but "works" very well in practice.

      I would recomemnd all kitesurfing vendors to reserve a number of demo
      equipment and send them to "respectable" non commercial kitesurfers (who
      are not making any money selling any kitesurfing equipment) for a few
      weeks for trial. The confirmation or praise from such non commercial
      kitesurfers would be of tremendous marketing value to the equipment that
      no marketing money can buy.

      Hung.