[ksurf] Re: Line length?(was control bar lenth)

  • O1withwind@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 1998
      In a message dated 9/21/98 6:59:21 AM EST, traction@... writes:

      << I fly my TRACTIONtm soft kites with 22.5m most of the time because this
      is what I use during winter on ice and it goes O"K.
      I dont think that longer lines = less control. >>

      Michel,
      Although longer lines don't decrease the amount of control you have they do
      mean that the kite will stay in the power much longer on a sweep like when you
      jibe. This can in some ways impeade upwind progress. This can be helped by
      sweeping the kite overhead on a jibe but in higher winds that will also get
      you airborne. I've found, at least for my self, that sorter lines allow
      easier upwind travel.