Re: [ksurf] Digest Number 911

  • jjameson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2001
      We live in Marquette. The water temp is 35 degrees F; I wear a shorty
      wetsuit, and then an O'Neill drysuit over it. This is only for safety
      though, because I am worried about having to spend a long time in the water.
      You will become hypothermic quickly in a standard drysuit immersed in 35
      degree water. Also booties, gloves, hood, lifejacket, harness. Hood, and
      gloves, again are for safety. When I am windsurfing I go without the hood,
      and wear light gloves.
      The best thing about Lake Superior is if you get dehydrated, you can just
      lie in the water and drink to your heart's content!
      We're planning to go down to Escanaba to kite on wednesday if the forecast
      holds (now they're saying 10-20 from the south). Joe
    • erik@westechproducts.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2001
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "jjameson" <jjameson@c...> wrote:

        Thanks for the response!
        What are the conditions like in July and August? Would a 4/3 wetesuit
        coverit? What is the wind like?
        My father grow up in Duluth (we live in California now)and he bought
        a lake front house in Bayfeild, Wisconsin because he wants to visit
        the east more. Going to go and visit in July or August.

        What kind of suit will i need to stay warm?

        Thanks
        Erik