Re: cheap EFFECTIVE bungie

  • gorgekiteboarder@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 2, 2001
      One note of caution about cheap effective bungie solutions. I
      experimented with bungie cords for my chicken loop a little bit last
      summer, and immediately thought about the safety aspects. If your
      chicken loop has a lot of travel or range, eventually your bungie
      cord could snap when you're getting yanked super hard. I think it is
      likely that the bar will be at or above eyeball height when the
      bungie blows up, so there is potential for some really bad news. Two
      things could help here.
      1- the NSI system uses tubing and some heavy cordura for protection
      against a snapping bungie.
      2- tie a knot in the center leader 4 - 8 inches above the bar to
      limit the amount that the bungie can be stretched.

      Hope these thoughts are helpfull.

      Spencer
      Hood River