Re: [ksurf] cquad 12.5

  • Stefano Rosso
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
      Mark Frasier wrote:

      > on 4/2/01 10:22 AM, Stefano Rosso at stefano.rosso@... wrote:
      >
      > > I tried the cquad 12.5 and my 10 m foil with on the fly depower
      >
      > Was the C Quad a lot more powerful than the foil?

      Yes. the cquad is 12.5 and the foil was 10

      > How does the C Quad handle compared to the foil?

      this particular foil can turn on a dime (and its 10m !) but right now it takes a
      lot of effort to turn... the cquad also turns on adime but with less effort...
      the foil is going to have its bridle altered so that it takes less effort to
      turn but basically both kites can be made to spin on their axis ! (YES this is a
      breakthrough in light wind kites)

      > What kind of foil is it?

      its a 10m foil manufactured by SOL sports of brasil (they produce paragliders) I
      am not sure if they have started global distribution yet. the kite is of a
      moderate AR (less than a mosquito but more than a stamos) SUPER stable, very
      fast... flyes upwind... there are some more issues as this foil is constantly
      improving (Sol is investing in kitesurfing) that will be improved on final
      product release, (i am helping them test their kites)

      The cool thing about this kite is the on the fly depower system - but its not
      totally ready for market yet... ill tell you guys more once it is ready...

      I flew this 10m kite yesterday from 7 to 19 knots. (it was comfortable from 8-9
      to 15) on a fat directional