Naish and Wipika Observed Kite Sizes and Pull

  • jquick1@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      This is not another sizing 'measurement' war. This is more of a TRUE
      size observation.

      The other day, we put a 21.5 Naish in front of an 11.8 Airblast, and
      somewhat blown away by what we saw.

      The 21.5 is indeed bigger, and pulls harder, but was only about a foot
      or so longer on each side, and maybe a few inches taller. Of course
      this will equal a few square meters more of area overall, but we
      expected the 21.5 to be MUCH bigger. The wind was 8-12 MPH, and the
      guy using the 21.5 was going strong, but another guy on an 11.8 was
      going just as strong. Both of these guys are very experienced kiters,
      about the same weight, and on similar sized boards.

      The guy with the 21.5 stated he was expecting a bit more pull, and is
      now going to go buy a 23.5, which I was told IS noticeably bigger than
      the 11.8 in size and definitely stronger in pull. So if you weigh 185
      lbs or more, and live in an area where the wind rarely goes over 8-12
      MPH, get the 23.5 Naish, not the 21.5.

      Jeff