Re: [ksurf] Re: cquad 12.5

  • Stefano Rosso
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      and you weigh more than me !

      definitely this is the most powerful kite i have ever seen...
      do you have foam on it to keep it from sinking ? do you use it in deep water
      ? i found i need to fly it with my back lines very loose...

    • jquick1@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
        I would prefer to use it in shallow water and small surf, but we dont
        have much of that around here. If that kite does goes down, I am sure
        it will be toast. I killed my old 6.3 that way, which is less than
        1/2 the size of the 12.5... it went down in about 50 feet of water
        (about 3/4 mile out-very long swim)...sank like a rock, and when I
        swam back to shore, the head high shore pound slammed me a few times,
        and killed the kite. Thats one more reason I personally switched to
        inflateables.

        Jeff