Why do Naish kites keep breaking??

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      It seems to be every session I'm at around Auckland recently AR5s and ARXs
      are ripping.

      I saw one ARX get a major tear yesterday is gusty 15-25 knot onshore
      conditions. I found out today that 5 Naish kites (about the ONLY inflatables
      avaliable around here) a now being repaired after that session????!!!!!!

      Are these thing really that fragile??

      One of my friends has a 11.5 AR5 that hasn't seem much use, he's worried
      enough that he is looking at selling it before it gets damaged.

      The only problem I've eva had with my ARCs has been one oyster cut, and that
      was the result of a none to bright launch attempt.

      I think some one would have a very hard job trying to convince me to go to
      an AR5 or ARX, even with the better performance, they just seem too prone to
      breaking.

      Dave