Re: Airblast bridle question

  • Peter Frank
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2001
      It might turn okay without the bridle system, but I wouldn't miss the
      backwards relaunch on this size.
      In a gust in lighter offshore winds the 11.8 stalled down yesterday -
      and I could relaunch it instantly in a few seconds. Amazing !

      I've changed to some stiffer line. I think you can get line in almost
      every bigger boat shop (kevlar line or similar).

      Apart from that - I know Wipika makes separate bridle sets now -
      we've just received some yesterday (I haven't seen them yet...).
      I'll let you know about the difference as soon as I get to test !

      For info, I use a 70 cm bar now (and I think the 80 cm which follows
      is a perfect size too) - but if you remove the pulley (and reverse
      relaunch) system, you might be able to use a shorter bar, like Kane
      does.

      Peter Frank, Denmark.