[ksurf] Naish Kites

  • Martin Rothwell
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 10, 1999
      Anyone got any news on the new Naish kite range?

      Martin

    • jquick1@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 10, 1999
        I was told at the beginning of this week that it would be a few more weeks...

        I hate having this WAIT problem!
        Jeff

        <375ff283.5348ce5-@...> wrote:
        Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=2859
        > Anyone got any news on the new Naish kite range?
        >
        > Martin

      • Martin Rothwell
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 10, 1999
          jquick1@... wrote:

          > I was told at the beginning of this week that it would be a few more weeks...

          Who by and from where in the world?

          > Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=2859

        • SHUGART,STEVE (HP-Roseville,ex1)
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 10, 1999
            Here is what I got from Naish on their kite
            Ranges. This was a word File

            Good Flying! Steve

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 10, 1999
              Captian Kirk's here in Southern California..

              Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=2864

            • srosso@bunge.com.br
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 10, 1999
                Here is what I got from Naish on their kite
                Ranges. This was a word File
                === and this i assume is for 30 m lines... (thats what the naish package
                comes with) so you could theoretically lower the wind range with longer and
                vice versa ?

              • StEeVe
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 10, 1999
                  http://www.kitesurfing.com/

                  Naish kites informations

                  Power!!
                  All the best''''
                  Steeve Chevalley

                  http://vaudois.ml.org/kitenews

                • Saulius Muliolis
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 10, 1999
                    Martin Rothwell wrote:

                    > Anyone got any news on the new Naish kite range?
                    >
                    > Martin

                    > BrainPlay.com has all of your favorite Star Wars action figures,
                    > toys, video games and more. See details inside on how to receive
                    > a FREE Star Wars Action Figure! “Feel the Force” today with
                    > BrainPlay.com at: http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/343
                    >
                    > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf

                    The info is on the Naish Sails web page at
                    http://www.naishsails.com/html/home.html

                    The full description in in the press release.

                    They are putting out nine different sizes of sails from 13.0 to 1.0.
                    They look like the Wikipa, so probably perform the same way.

                    Saulius Muliolis

                  • Martin Rothwell
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 11, 1999
                      SHUGART,STEVE (HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:

                      > Here is what I got from Naish on their kite
                      > Ranges. This was a word File

                      Thanks Steve, but I can't read it. Any chance of you copying it into an email?

                      Martin

                    • srosso@bunge.com.br
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 11, 1999
                        > Here is what I got from Naish on their kite
                        > Ranges. This was a word File
                        Thanks Steve, but I can't read it. Any chance of you copying it into an
                        email?
                        Martin

                        Here it is (note - I am just coping the message received - I have no
                        certainty as to wether the information below is true or by naish kites)
                        (dont want to be leading people the wrong way here)
                        Stefano

                        PS keep in mind that these sizes are for the naish kites - and are probably
                        not comparable to other kite types (even wipika)

                        ---

                        Choosing the Right Size

                        The table below is only to be used as a rule of thumb when choosing the
                        correct size kite for your weight. Other factors may affect your
                        decision such as your ability level and the consistency of the wind.
                        Beginners are recommended to go with sizes no larger than 3.0 when
                        learning to kite. It is also recommend that you choose a smaller size
                        than is listed below if you are going to fly your kite in gusty wind
                        conditions.

                        Kite Size Reference Table

                        This table is based on a 175-pound person. Those who are significantly
                        lighter in weight should use a kite that is one size smaller for the
                        given wind conditions. Those who are significantly heavier in weight
                        should choose a kite that is one size larger for the given wind
                        conditions.

                        Wind Strength Kite Size
                        In 4 to10 knots use 11.0 Kite
                        In 8 to 15 knots use 9.0 Kite
                        In 8 to 20 knots use 7.0 Kite
                        In 12 to 25 knots use 5.0 Kite
                        In 20 to 30 knots use 4.0 Kite
                        In 25 to 35 knots use 3.0 Kite
                        In 30 to 40 knots use 2.0 Kite
                        Learning to kite use 1.0 Kite

                      • Hung Vu
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 11, 1999
                          > PS keep in mind that these sizes are for the naish kites - and are probably
                          > not comparable to other kite types (even wipika)
                          > Wind Strength Kite Size
                          > In 4 to10 knots use 11.0 Kite
                          > In 8 to 15 knots use 9.0 Kite
                          > In 8 to 20 knots use 7.0 Kite
                          > In 12 to 25 knots use 5.0 Kite
                          > In 20 to 30 knots use 4.0 Kite
                          > In 25 to 35 knots use 3.0 Kite
                          > In 30 to 40 knots use 2.0 Kite
                          > Learning to kite use 1.0 Kite

                          I looked at the Wipika's numbers and and it's pretty close:
                          22 to 32 knots 3.0
                          15 to 25 knots 5.0
                          7 to 17 knots 8.5

                          Wipika achieved those wind ranges using different line lengths. I am
                          not sure how Naish doing it with the 30 m lines they are shipping as a
                          package deal?

                          Hung.

                        • srosso@bunge.com.br
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 11, 1999
                            I looked at the Wipika's numbers and and it's pretty close:
                            22 to 32 knots 3.0
                            15 to 25 knots 5.0
                            7 to 17 knots 8.5
                            === i cant ride my wipika 8.5 in 7 knots ... even with 50 meter lines - i
                            think there will be a greter difference in the big kites - the wipika 5.0
                            is maneuvrable and quick...its the 8.5 that is a little on the slow side...

                            Wipika achieved those wind ranges using different line lengths. I am
                            not sure how Naish doing it with the 30 m lines they are shipping as a
                            package deal?

                            === better L/D will give the kite more range ?? its a guess.. it makes
                            sense to me because with better L/D as you get more and more wind it will
                            drive more and more upwind.... with a better L/D it will take more until
                            you get overpowered and blown downwind...

                          • SHUGART,STEVE (HP-Roseville,ex1)
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 11, 1999
                              Stefano Wrote;
                              Here it is (note - I am just coping the message received - I have no
                              certainty as to wether the information below is true or by naish kites)
                              (dont want to be leading people the wrong way here)
                              Stefano

                              I got the Naish info from the Naish Support group at Naish, so I think it
                              would be reliable.

                              Being a long time windsurfer, it is really great to see the range you can
                              get, especially the low end. Rider Weigh, Skill, Line Length
                              and Board Shape/Volume have big impact too.I have flown my Wipika 5.0
                              downwind in 10 knots avg, 180 lbs, gust ?. It was a lot of work and I spent
                              some time flying, not fly surfing, but none the less it was still fun and
                              relaxing.

                              Steve

[...]

                              BrainPlay.com has your favorite interactive friend. Each Furby has
                              its own unique personality. Train them to sing, dance and perform
                              their own tricks. Visit BrainPlay.com to order your friend today!
                              http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/344

                            • Mark Frasier
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 11, 1999
                                Has anyone tried the Peter Lynn Foilboard? How does it compare for speed &
                                upwind with monodirectional boards?

                                Thanks a lot,
                                Mark Frasier

                              • Martin Rothwell
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jul 1 7:28 AM
                                  Anyone heard anything about the Naish Wings?

                                  Martin

                                • Thomas D Stanley
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jul 1 11:21 AM
                                    >Anyone heard anything about the Naish Wings?

                                    >Martin

                                    Martin,

                                    I talked to a friend at Naish Hawaii yesterday, no kites yet,
                                    still working on the quick release system. He didn't have a arrival date
                                    yet.
                                    Estimated prices for complete kite.
                                    5.0 900.$
                                    7.0 1,000.$
                                    9.0 1,100.$
                                    Tom kite

                                  • Alex Gillan
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jul 1 5:05 PM
                                      Yea..... I saw them in Morocco and the look awesome and had excellent upwind
                                      performance especially the high aspect ratio 9m quadline Naish - Don's
                                      kite.

                                      Sometimes they looked a little hard to re-launch but they were totally
                                      re-launchable ant totally RAD.

                                      I can't wait to get them in Australia.

                                      Alex Gillan

                                      STONKER KITESURF BOARDS

                                    • PeaceSurf@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jul 2 1:23 AM
                                        I saw the Naish kites last month in Maui and they look like the Wipika's with
                                        a higher profile.
                                        They seemed to relaunch about ...as bad as the Wipika's!

                                        They look good but your stuck with a skull or a turtle on them......

                                        Rony

                                      • Stefan Popprath
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jul 6 2:20 AM
                                          I would like to buy Naish kites for my scool and shop.
                                          Anybody knows, where can I buy this kites in Switzerland.

                                          Thanks Stefan
                                          Drachenatelier & Swiss Kitesailing Schule
                                          Tel./Fax. 0041 81 828 97 67
                                          http://www.kitesailing.ch

                                        • Michael Kassal
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jul 6 7:00 AM
                                            Stefan,

                                            Not available yet...as they are finalizing their first production run now.
                                            There are two dozen+ people on a waiting list for the initial kites.

                                            -Michael Kassal.

                                            I would like to buy Naish kites for my scool and shop.
                                            Anybody knows, where can I buy this kites in Switzerland.

                                            Thanks Stefan
                                            Drachenatelier & Swiss Kitesailing Schule
                                            Tel./Fax. 0041 81 828 97 67
                                            http://www.kitesailing.ch

                                            click here
                                            Click Here!

                                          • GHS
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Sep 27, 1999
                                              Anyone know if there is a Naish kite distributor in Canada (Toronto)?
                                              ~~~~~