Re: [ksurf] Gusty Wind Miracle Fix

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 1, 2001
      Dwight & Jacky <fishersfort@...> wrote:

      > My strap is showing signs of being cut by the D-ring
      > stopper that holds the chicken loop. I guess they still have problems with
      > this thing. The important lesson here is this concept is worth pursuing
      and
      > soon we'll have it worked out.

      FLS already uses tubular webbing, to wear less against the ring. I don't
      know of any after-market bungie harness lines, but for now we should be able
      to make some very nice ones using those DaKine parts.

      Mel
    • gorgekiteboarder@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 2, 2001
        One note of caution about cheap effective bungie solutions. I
        experimented with bungie cords for my chicken loop a little bit last
        summer, and immediately thought about the safety aspects. If your
        chicken loop has a lot of travel or range, eventually your bungie
        cord could snap when you're getting yanked super hard. I think it is
        likely that the bar will be at or above eyeball height when the
        bungie blows up, so there is potential for some really bad news. Two
        things could help here.
        1- the NSI system uses tubing and some heavy cordura for protection
        against a snapping bungie.
        2- tie a knot in the center leader 4 - 8 inches above the bar to
        limit the amount that the bungie can be stretched.

        Hope these thoughts are helpfull.

        Spencer
        Hood River