Re: Ridden the Pickle 171cm???????

  • psszi@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
      hey Brian!

      ...got mine two weeks ago....171 is great, very smooth and powerful
      ride - like a 180 longboard in deep powder snow, It seems to smooth
      out the chop due to the lenght...

      nearly the same low end as a 220er directional (upwind in only 2.5 bf
      (flags are not straightened out by wind) with xxl quadrifoil
      kitesurfer on 40m lines on handles, weight 72kg).

      ...mounted the bindings off center, one inch (2.5cm) to heelside..
      ...didnt try it in higher chop so far, but the speed control is
      encredibly easy, didn loose my edge so far...
      ...I use 2.5 inch fins on the heelside to improve upwindability...

      ...never had to brake over the tail...

      ...I think the trick is to mount the bindings off center, then you
      can put enough pressure on the heelside edge to avoid any flating out
      and slipping...

      Hope that helps

      Paul