Re: kite line problems

  • captain1@iname.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
      Noloaner,

      It is simple to do. I will explain, however I suggest you get someone
      that knows how to fly these babies to help you out. Not only to check
      if you have the lines correct but also to show you the ropes (excuse
      the pun). These kites generate a lot of power and if you have never
      flown one before, you risk injuring yourself and even worse your kite.

      Ok. Firstly it sounds like you have the Naish AR series, real simple
      to setup.

      Now remember that red goes on your left and blue on the right so only
      connect reds to left and blues to right. Now starting on the kite,
      the lines with the white connect tp teh front conections and the
      plain colours connect to the back. All connections use a "larks head"
      typer knot. I will not explain how to do a larks head... look it up.
      Simply create a larks head and slip it over the knots on your kites
      connection points.

      Now onto the bar. The single line in the center is where your front
      lines connect (the plain colour ones) both of them simply slip over
      the knot on this center line. Now the back blue one slips over the
      line on the right. On the left you slip the red rear line over the
      middle knot of the line so that the leash can come back down to you.

      There you go you are now ready to go.

      Once again I really suggest you find someone to help you get it up
      the first time, if you have these lines wrong your kite could take
      off and start spinning in the power window, dragging you along with
      it.

      Cheers

      Anthony

    • bnow@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
        Hi noloaner

        It would be good to know exactly what kite you have. It also is
        troubling that you have not been given a manual or personal
        instruction on how to rig and fly your kite. Please proceed with
        caution in rigging and flying your kite. Don't guess on how to rig,
        launch, fly, and land your kite. These kites are very powerful, and
        it is very easy to get over confident, and find yourself in a
        dangerous situation for yourself and others. I'm sure most people
        here are willing to assist you in all the steps it takes to rig,
        launch, fly, and land your kite safely. You said you have some
        instructional videos, which ones do you have? Did you buy your kite
        used? Please take care.

        Mark