kite line problems

  • noloaner@peoplepc.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
      i need help,i am new to this and i dont know how to attach the lines
      to the bar and kite.the kite has two blue/white lines on one side and
      two red/white on other side...the lines have on one roll 2 red and
      green lines and on the other roll a blue/white line and a red/white
      line..now for the bar... 3 different lines a red/white line on one
      side and a green/white on other side with a blue/white line in
      middle ...the green/white line on left side of bar is twice as long
      with a wrist strap on the end. it has a knot in the middle...i have
      alot of how to vidio's but in none of them show a diagram of how to
      hook it up....please somebody respond...my email is
      noloaner@...
    • captain1@iname.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
        Noloaner,

        It is simple to do. I will explain, however I suggest you get someone
        that knows how to fly these babies to help you out. Not only to check
        if you have the lines correct but also to show you the ropes (excuse
        the pun). These kites generate a lot of power and if you have never
        flown one before, you risk injuring yourself and even worse your kite.

        Ok. Firstly it sounds like you have the Naish AR series, real simple
        to setup.

        Now remember that red goes on your left and blue on the right so only
        connect reds to left and blues to right. Now starting on the kite,
        the lines with the white connect tp teh front conections and the
        plain colours connect to the back. All connections use a "larks head"
        typer knot. I will not explain how to do a larks head... look it up.
        Simply create a larks head and slip it over the knots on your kites
        connection points.

        Now onto the bar. The single line in the center is where your front
        lines connect (the plain colour ones) both of them simply slip over
        the knot on this center line. Now the back blue one slips over the
        line on the right. On the left you slip the red rear line over the
        middle knot of the line so that the leash can come back down to you.

        There you go you are now ready to go.

        Once again I really suggest you find someone to help you get it up
        the first time, if you have these lines wrong your kite could take
        off and start spinning in the power window, dragging you along with
        it.

        Cheers

        Anthony

      • bnow@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
          Hi noloaner

          It would be good to know exactly what kite you have. It also is
          troubling that you have not been given a manual or personal
          instruction on how to rig and fly your kite. Please proceed with
          caution in rigging and flying your kite. Don't guess on how to rig,
          launch, fly, and land your kite. These kites are very powerful, and
          it is very easy to get over confident, and find yourself in a
          dangerous situation for yourself and others. I'm sure most people
          here are willing to assist you in all the steps it takes to rig,
          launch, fly, and land your kite safely. You said you have some
          instructional videos, which ones do you have? Did you buy your kite
          used? Please take care.

          Mark