Re: [ksurf] Gusty Wind Miracle Fix

  • Rainer Leuschke
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2001
      On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Dwight & Jacky wrote:

      > Today I tried the NSI bungee chicken loop designed by Ken Winner.
      > This next session was like magic.

      Glad you had such a great time with the system. I cooked up my own
      version a while back and experimented with varying thickness bungie and
      loop length. I have had sessions where the bungie system worked great.
      Mostly our winds around here are unsteady though and the bungie is not
      stiff enough to keep the kite sheeted in in the lulls and not soft enough
      to sheet out in the gusts. With steadier winds and a harder edging board
      these issues might well disappear but I doubt that is the case for most
      beginners. I've gone back to a fixed harness line because I can unhook
      much quicker when the monster gusts hit. Since I'm always in the trim
      loop, that's all I need.
      Did you fly the bungie trim loop system with an Airblast with relaunch
      bridle?
      R!