Re: ARX and backward relaunching

  • wiwimulletje@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2001
      --- In kitesurf@y..., captain1@i... wrote:
      > I have just purchased a ARX 13.5m kite and am pretty happy with it.
      >
      > I have been told that this kite is able to relaunch backwards. What
      > is invloved to do this? Does it have somethign to do with the extra
      > line connections I see on the trailing edge and if so how do I
      > connect these up. The instruction book says nothing about this and
      > the Naish site also carries no refrence to these connections.
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > Anthony

      Yow,

      How does the 13.5 fly? can u fly it on 8 knots. Do u know the
      windrange for someone of 72kg on a twintip. Is there big difference
      between the 13.5 and 11.5?

      Wiwimulletje
    • captain1@iname.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2001
        Dude,

        Give me a break... only got it this afternoon and the wind was a bit
        gusty so I cannot comment. I was using an AR5 7.5m before and I can
        say so far that the 13m ARX is slower to turn (probably cause it is
        bigger and even more probably because it has a pretty short bar) but
        the pull is more of an even steady pull then what I experienced with
        my 7.5m. Will get back to you when I have had more time with it.

      • captain1@iname.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2001
          Thanks for that info.. maybe it is because it is midnight here and I
          am tired, but I cannot understand how you do this. Do you have any
          way of sending images of how you did this to me (digital camera??)
          that would be great.

          Thanks again

          Anthony