Air Blast Flutter Fixed

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2001
      I added carbon battens to my Air Blast 11.8, between the two connection
      points. This kept the tips from puckering. It also stopped the trailing edge
      from fluttering between the first and second rib from the tip. I did not sew
      the ribs to the kite because I'm waiting for my replacement kite from
      Wipika. I put windsurfing batten end caps on it and used those caps to tie
      it to the kite. After 30 minutes of flying one of the battens fell off the
      kite. When this happened that side of the kite immediately started to
      flutter. When my new kite gets here, I'll sew the battens in permanently.

      This explains why Jeff Howard's Air Blast never fluttered, thanks Jeff.

      From the Fisher's Fort
      Kure Beach, NC
      Dwight & Jacky

      http://www.angelfire.com/nc/capefearwindsurfing/ (includes kitesurfing)
    • Federico A. Cetta
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 9:56 PM
        I will try. I am also waiting for my failed airblast to be replaced. How
        long have you been waiting and when are you going to receive the new kite?

        Thanks.

        Federico.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 10:43 PM
          i AM ALSO WAITING A LONG TIME TO GET MY AIRBLASTS REPLACED.
          they look so bad that the Naish kiters make fun of me and my
          kite!!!!!!

          unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>

          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Dwight & Jacky
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2 2:54 AM
            > I will try. I am also waiting for my failed airblast to be replaced. How
            > long have you been waiting and when are you going to receive the new kite?

            They told me not to worry, just keep using it. I know that kites are still
            almost impossible to get here in the US. The longer it takes the better for
            all of us, because we are getting new kites! I have been waiting 2 months
            for my 5.6 Free Air. They say my Free Air is on the way now, but all my
            other Free Airs on order, are not. I can't complain when nobody else here
            has been able to get any kites. If we're lucky maybe they are adding battens
            to the tips too. They can take all the time they need, if they fix
            everything.

            Dwight