[ksurf] Re: Very light wind kite

  • paul_sexstone@westpac.com.au
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 1999
      i think your 6.3 has a problem, mine also flies in wind that you can barely feel
      on your face, and can fly 360 in no wind. it has no problem stalling/luffing and
      is good upto about 10kts (if you dare!)

      "Raul F. Argilagos" <raul@...> on 02/06/99 01:44:13

      Please respond to kitesurf@egroups.com

      To: "'kitesurf@egroups.com'" <kitesurf@egroups.com>
      cc: (bcc: Paul Sexstone/FO/WLG/IIBG)
      Subject: [ksurf] Re: Very light wind kite

      Hi all!

      We also tried to fly a 6.3 C Quad in 10mph and it does not fly period!
      It would jump in the air then plummet like a rock. Any attempt to alter
      the bridle to make it fly made it fly even less! My opinion is that this
      kite doesn't work for kitesurfing. Even experienced equipment testers
      like Ken Winner and Alf Imperato came to the same conclusions on
      kite that I did.

      Raul

      Hi Nick!

      > I tried a 6.3 in almost no wind, probably
      > some 2 or 3 mph, and I already slided over the beach, very slowly but
      > still.....

      How did you set up the briddle? I also tried to fly a C-quad 6.3 in similar
      conditions but had the problem that the kite tends to stall and falls down to
      the ground like a rock.

      Ronald

      eGroups Spotlight:
      "VetQuest-Your Free Weekly EZine" - Get the latest news and information
      about being a veteran or a family member of one.
      http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/128