depower system for mosquito ?

  • Christian Polini
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
      Hello everybody,
      i have mosquito 7.5 (the first,without depower system).
      I use it sometime with 2 line but now i want change it to 3 line and i
      need
      a depower system.
      What depower system you advice me ?
      The original or wipika depower or others ?
      I think that the wipika depower is better than original mosquito because
      you can depower constantly the kite pulling a handle,further that using
      harness.
      If i buy the wipika i have to do some modification ?What ?
      Thanks
      Christian from Italy
    • Jef Van de Mosselaer
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
        Hi Christian,

        The three line setup as described on the windtools website works fine. I saw
        several guys using it last summer. I preferred a four line setup because it
        allows backwards relaunching. The three line setup has several advantages :
        - three lines instead of four
        - depower works fine
        - and it is also an excellent safety system

        Jef (Belgium)

      • iclimbtrees@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
          > The three line setup as described on the windtools website works
          fine. I saw
          > several guys using it last summer. I preferred a four line setup
          because it
          > allows backwards relaunching. The three line setup has several
          advantages :
          > - three lines instead of four
          > - depower works fine
          > - and it is also an excellent safety system
          >
          > Jef (Belgium)

          I agree with jef,
          checkout the windtools site, make sure you read some of the previous
          questions in the forum section, lots of great advice for the mossi.
          I use the the 7.5 with the depower system and it works great.
          you must visit that site for opinions and advice.

          mika
        • thorpes@arklogic.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
            Christian,

            I thought John Mulligan might have something to say about
            this but since he obviously doens't cherish his quiver of
            mossies so much since becoming an Arc convert I'll mention
            it for him.

            Last season he told me he wanted to put the center pull
            de-power system on his mossies but he was advised by the local
            dealer that the model he owned did not have the required
            re-inforcing in the foil to take the strain of de-powering
            on the center cells. Check with your dealer before you try to
            add the de-power system to your kites - you could end up ripping
            them apart.

            Steve T.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Kinsley@XtremeBigAir.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
              go to http://XtremeBigAir.com/KiteSurfing
              and click on KNOWLEDGE BASE!

              Go Xtreme,
              Kinsley Wong
              http://XtremeBigAir.com

            • jmullmd@home.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
                Hey Steve and Christian,

                I did convert my 5.5 and 9.4 to the new 3-line system and it worked
                nicely on my initial trials. Then I contacted Michael at Windtools in
                Germany and was informed by that I might rip my kite apart if I
                continued using it. You need to look at the inside of the cells at the
                bridle attachment points for reinforcements...if the center cells look
                like the cells out on the tips (with what looks like obviously NOT
                reinforced attachment points) you're probably best off not using this
                system, or reinforcing it with ripstop tape and stitching first. My
                kites came through the Maui distributor (Sky High) and were delivered
                to me last Spring and summer.

                Have fun,

                John