RE: [ksurf] Range file updated

  • Andre Myburgh
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2001
      > Andre, this graph shows that for my 82kgs, the range on a new
      > Wipika 8.4 is 12-20 knots. It shows that the range on my
      > existing 7m AR3.5 is 10 - 20 knots.
      True, and the ARX13.5 is 10 - 20, the AR5 9.5 is 10 - 19 => your 7m AR3.5
      must be a super efficient high tech kitewing of note ;-)

      > So let me get this straight. I need MORE wind for the Wipika
      > 8.4? Why would I upgrade?
      I'm guessing, but probably to get more power/hangtime with reverse launch
      bridle and funky Wipi logo ?

      As Chris and myself have indicated before, these are compiled from
      manufacturers data and others more knowledgable than myself (still have to
      buy my first kite - will probably be your Ar3.5 ;-)) - and I've got no idea
      if anybody's actually tested these ranges. Also note that Naish is usually a
      bit optimistic about their kite's lower range (1knot of wind for a 23.5 =
      kak man!)

      Cheers

      André

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/