Re: Board leash question (windsurf leash)

  • Ro
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, elifuller@y... wrote:
      > --- In kitesurf@y..., cglazier@h... wrote:
      > > I have been using a 9 foot long leash with my directional board.
      > But
      > > now I want to start using my new 150cm twin tip (with
      footstraps).
      > > How long a board leash should I use?

      I am in the same situation: changed from unidirectional to
      bidirectional 1.54cm.

      I now use one of those knotted straps used to take the sail out of
      the water in windsurfing (donĀ“t know the term in English)

      It works great since it is a rubber band inside a fabric tube so it
      is very resistant.

      I cut it to a length of about 1m so it will not touch the water when
      sailing. One of the ends goes to one of the ends of the board and the
      other end attaches to a steel ring in the back of my harness (I
      attached the ring myself, it is easy in case you do not have one)

      This leash is not a hassle at all and it works well.

      There are days in which you just cannot get back to your board.

      Rod