Re: kitesurf shop should know the power of the kites they propose !

  • Greg Walsh
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
      The ultimate solution to this is for shops to have a demo kite or two
      in stock. Many of the claims of performance and control in the past
      have been quite exagerated and a simple test fly can easily check the
      claims and assess the suitability of a kite.

      It's true you can't really give a kite to a beginner to test fly but
      there's plenty of strong intermediate to advanced kiters out there
      ready to spend money if we know the gear is better than what we've
      got. I've taken a punt on gear in the past and it was expensive and a
      little disappointing and I've bought gear after a test fly of
      friend's gear and been very happy with the result.