Re: [ksurf] Re: ARC 840?

  • Stefano
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2001
      > I would say the moderate (having fun) wind ranges on the 1120 and 840
      > ARCs are:
      >
      > 1120 = 9.5-14kts
      > 840 = 12-17kts

      YEP !!! THIS I AGREE WITH !
    • R!
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2001
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Stefano" <stefano.rosso@i...> wrote:
        > > I would say the moderate (having fun) wind ranges on the 1120 and 840
        > > ARCs are:
        > >
        > > 1120 = 9.5-14kts
        > > 840 = 12-17kts

        Has anybody flown both the Arc1120 and Naish 15.5 AR5? It looks like
        price for a new arc are similar to a slightly used 15.5. So I'm curious
        how they compare for power and range. I'm mostly interested in low end
        since I have an 11.5 and would have overlap with either kite at the
        upper end. Which kite will let me jump higher and longer in 10-12
        knots? What's the minimum for either one to go upwind (even if that's
        outside the "having fun" range)? [I can ride my board with the 11.5
        from about 12 to 23 knots with the "having fun" range about 14-21 at
        85kg]

        R!
      • lee@anabatic.co.nz
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2001
          My ARC1120 operates in the same wind range as your 11naish.
          No surprise there really.

          The kite sizes to wind range are based on a Kite surfer weight of
          75kg. I weigh 85 kg and so use a kite one size larger than the
          recommended for each wind range.
          (Kite) (size) = (size projected) (Wind range)
          ARC 1120 = 8.0 (Arc 9-18 knots)
          ARC 840 = 6.0 (Arc 12-23 knots)
          ARC 630 = 4.5 (Arc 16-27 knots)
          ARC 460 = 3.3 (Arc 20-35 knots)

          It is almost possible to skip a size of kite to cover the full wind
          range with the least amount of kites. This depends however on you
          local conditions being reasonably predictable and not likely to leave
          you stranded with a small kite in light winds.

          These and other details are available from my Kite surf business web
          site at http://www.anabatic.co.nz (New Zealand)
        • Mel
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2001
            The ARC with 4.5 projected ("630" size) definitely takes more wind to
            "park", compared to the AR5 with 4.4 projected ("7.5" size). The added
            maneuverability, combined with the low-effort steering, make it much easier
            to "work" the ARC, so its low end planing limit is similar, but it's low-end
            jumping is not.

            I'm currently regretting my purchase of the 4.5 projected ARC (to replace my
            AR5 with 4.4). I should have got the 6.0 (& may still).

            Mel

          • kitesurfer@bigpond.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 5, 2001
              Hello Roy

              I guess it all comes down to what you think you like the best,
              everyone can say this and that, but its what you like the look of
              really. I learnt with a cquad(a lot of swimming and towing because i
              could not afford a Naish or Wipika, thats the only inflatables when i
              learnt really). I have just started a business in Warrnambool
              Australia, Windy Waves, and i am dealing from home, hence no
              overheads. I think my prices are very very good, so let us know what
              you are after and i shall give you a price, but i think the Arcs are
              great value for money, i have just oredered the 460 and 840 myslf.
              I also have 2 Prodesigns, 4 and 7m Foils. A 2.2, 4.2, 6.3, 8.5 and
              are thinking of an 12.5 Cquad, i like these kites obviously, i also
              have 2 Cabrinhas on their way, April 1st hopefully. Anyway reply to
              me and i shall see what price i can give you, unbeatable i think.
              Darren Pearce
              Windy Waves

            • kitesurfer@bigpond.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 5, 2001

              • lee@anabatic.co.nz
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 5, 2001
                  Go for the ARC1120, its very high performance but also a great kite
                  to learn with as it is easy to fly. As your skill increase you can
                  push it in stronger conditions.
                  Your weight at 10-15 knots is perfect.

                  regards
                  lee
                  http://www.anabatic.co.nz

                  lee@...
                • AniBo@wanadoo.dk
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 5, 2001
                    Hallo Darren

                    I understand that you have started your own business. I would like to know if you deliver the Arc in Europe?
                    We are a few kitesurfers planning on investing in some PL kites and goes for the best offer we can find.

                    Pleas mail me if you are interested in giving an offer.

                    Regards Bo, Denmark