Introducing......Jan Ligthart

  • ligthartj@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 10:06 AM
      Hi,

      A couple of weeks ago Andy Heaton made a comment about the anonimity
      in the kitesurfing e-groups. As we now seem to be growing towards a
      1000 members, I think it is time we all post a short introduction as
      to who we are, where we come from and where we stand in kiteworld:
      fanatic, dealer, importer, designer, enthusiast, pro etc. I will
      start with myself and I hope this example will be followed by many of
      you, hopefully all 913 current members but that might be pushing it a
      bit.

      My name is Jan Ligthart and I am an Teacher of English in the
      Netherlands. I was introduced to kitesurfing when Robby Naish came to
      Holland for the Worldcup Windsurfing but instead pissed off the
      organisers by totally distracting the crowd off the windsurfing by
      giving them something more spectacular to watch. A freind of mine who
      I had been working with in a windsurf shop for 5 years applied for
      the job of agent for Naish sails and kites and together we went to
      Maui for the Importersmeeting where I got my first kitehandling
      lessons from Don Montague. As we were not allowed to go further than
      bodydragging there, I didn't get to kitesurf until the spring of 2000
      when the Naishkites were launched in Holland and I bought a 9,0 AR3,5
      and an F-one 230 board. I had a great summer learning to ride, jibe
      and jump and entered the Dutch Championships in September. Judging
      the skill of the competitors I had not been the only one to be
      addicted to the sport and I realised I overestimated myself big-time.
      Two weeks ago I have traded my starter set in for an RRD 6"2' and an
      AR5 11.5 kite for the coming season just before my friend who had
      been denied the Naish job told me had would now be doing Cabrinha in
      the Netherlands. Nevertheless this year I will be helping him doing
      some promotional tours throughout the country and doing
      demonstrations in shops and on the water in my spare time. Last
      Tuesday I have been kiting again for the first time this year, water
      8 degree! and airtemp. 10 degrees Celcius. For anyone in better
      circumstances count your blessings!?

      Well I hope you have been able to get an idea of who I am and I am
      looking forward to hear your stories. Please do not mail your replies
      to my email put them on the groups for others to read as well.

      Jan
    • carl Armitage
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 10:19 AM
        Hi All

        I have a second hand Wipika 180 twin tip for sale . Tge board is in very
        good condision £350.00 inc postage
        Please reply to carl@...

        Regards

        Carl