Re: Size Comparison file(s) added !

  • jquick1@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
      Ya this chart seems right on.

      This means solid sailing in 8 MPH with the 22+ M kites... cant wait!

      Jeff

    • jquick1@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
        Ya this chart seems right on.

        This means solid sailing in 8 MPH with the 22+ M kites... cant wait!

        Jeff

        --- In kitesurf@y..., fishersfort@a... wrote:
        > > It is really incredible, to see so many different ways of
        > > defining "wind range" from the different companies...
        > >
        > > This means, that you can not use the wind range, given by
        > > manufacturers, for anything, really !!!
        > >
        > > Although, some are much more precise and trustworthy than other.
        > > Peter Frank, DK.

        > Check this chart out for some good wind range numbers. I made this
        > from information Naish put out for the ARX kites. These wind ranges
        > seems to be the most accurate I have seen. If you consider these to
        > be steady winds, they look right. There will always be guys quoting
        > high wind numbers from measuring gusts, but I don't go by gust
        > numbers.
        >
        > Naish put out numbers for the R3 too, but I choose not to use them.
        > They seemed very low and geared toward beginners.
        >
        > Dwight
      • Peter Frank
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
          I was aware of the problem.
          Don't worry - I havent used any data, or copied/reposted any files !

          I just wrote, that the guy who made the range.xls could move it to
          this folder...

          The files I posted was simply the size comparison - no wind ranges.

          Peter.

          --- In kitesurf@y..., cglazier@h... wrote:
          > Peter
          > The kite size graphic looks good. Thanks.
          >
          > However, I am a bit concerned that you have reposted the data file
          > using my name. I originally gathered that data and you are welcome
          > use it but it is out of date. There was some discussion in this
          group
          > about the wind ranges and the current version of the file (posted
          in
          > the files area, "Kite_area.html") has an important disclaimer
          > explaining that the wind range data is highly subjective. The
          current
          > version also has a bit more data.
          >
          > Your copy of this data file is now the second copy of the same data
          > to appear in this groups Files area, and of course I cannot correct
          > it or update it ...but it has my name on it.
          >
          > So I suggest that we maintain just one data file of Kite Areas.
          When