Re: Size Comparison file(s) added !

  • jquick1@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
      Ya this chart seems right on.

      This means solid sailing in 8 MPH with the 22+ M kites... cant wait!

      Jeff

    • cglazier@home.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
        Peter
        The kite size graphic looks good. Thanks.

        However, I am a bit concerned that you have reposted the data file
        using my name. I originally gathered that data and you are welcome to
        use it but it is out of date. There was some discussion in this group
        about the wind ranges and the current version of the file (posted in
        the files area, "Kite_area.html") has an important disclaimer
        explaining that the wind range data is highly subjective. The current
        version also has a bit more data.

        Your copy of this data file is now the second copy of the same data
        to appear in this groups Files area, and of course I cannot correct
        it or update it ...but it has my name on it.

        So I suggest that we maintain just one data file of Kite Areas. When
        I find any new data I will update it. And if you create a new chart
        from this data, just post the chart, but don't repost the data file.

        It's not a big deal, but it will keep this groups Files area cleaner.

        Chris Glazier

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Peter Frank" <PeterFrank@A...> wrote:
        > I just made a folder under files called "Kite Sizes" - with a
        little
        > GIF picture taken from excel, which shows the correct sizing of
        kites .....

      • jquick1@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
          Ya this chart seems right on.

          This means solid sailing in 8 MPH with the 22+ M kites... cant wait!

          Jeff

          --- In kitesurf@y..., fishersfort@a... wrote:
          > > It is really incredible, to see so many different ways of
          > > defining "wind range" from the different companies...
          > >
          > > This means, that you can not use the wind range, given by
          > > manufacturers, for anything, really !!!
          > >
          > > Although, some are much more precise and trustworthy than other.
          > > Peter Frank, DK.

          > Check this chart out for some good wind range numbers. I made this
          > from information Naish put out for the ARX kites. These wind ranges
          > seems to be the most accurate I have seen. If you consider these to
          > be steady winds, they look right. There will always be guys quoting
          > high wind numbers from measuring gusts, but I don't go by gust
          > numbers.
          >
          > Naish put out numbers for the R3 too, but I choose not to use them.
          > They seemed very low and geared toward beginners.
          >
          > Dwight
        • Peter Frank
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
            I was aware of the problem.
            Don't worry - I havent used any data, or copied/reposted any files !

            I just wrote, that the guy who made the range.xls could move it to
            this folder...

            The files I posted was simply the size comparison - no wind ranges.

            Peter.