Agree Dwight ! Re: Size Comparison file(s) added !

  • Peter Frank
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
      Yes - The wind range in the KitePrices.jpg seem really realistic, at
      least they correspond with my experience and measurements of average
      wind regarding sizes 5.5 to 16 m2 !
      The best match I've seen yet.

      And as you say - the R3 figures must be for beginners and/or BIG
      boards, otherwise they would have a higher lower limit.

      :-) Peter

    • jquick1@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
        Ya this chart seems right on.

        This means solid sailing in 8 MPH with the 22+ M kites... cant wait!

        Jeff

      • cglazier@home.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
          Peter
          The kite size graphic looks good. Thanks.

          However, I am a bit concerned that you have reposted the data file
          using my name. I originally gathered that data and you are welcome to
          use it but it is out of date. There was some discussion in this group
          about the wind ranges and the current version of the file (posted in
          the files area, "Kite_area.html") has an important disclaimer
          explaining that the wind range data is highly subjective. The current
          version also has a bit more data.

          Your copy of this data file is now the second copy of the same data
          to appear in this groups Files area, and of course I cannot correct
          it or update it ...but it has my name on it.

          So I suggest that we maintain just one data file of Kite Areas. When
          I find any new data I will update it. And if you create a new chart
          from this data, just post the chart, but don't repost the data file.

          It's not a big deal, but it will keep this groups Files area cleaner.

          Chris Glazier

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "Peter Frank" <PeterFrank@A...> wrote:
          > I just made a folder under files called "Kite Sizes" - with a
          little
          > GIF picture taken from excel, which shows the correct sizing of
          kites .....

        • jquick1@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
            Ya this chart seems right on.

            This means solid sailing in 8 MPH with the 22+ M kites... cant wait!

            Jeff

            --- In kitesurf@y..., fishersfort@a... wrote:
            > > It is really incredible, to see so many different ways of
            > > defining "wind range" from the different companies...
            > >
            > > This means, that you can not use the wind range, given by
            > > manufacturers, for anything, really !!!
            > >
            > > Although, some are much more precise and trustworthy than other.
            > > Peter Frank, DK.

            > Check this chart out for some good wind range numbers. I made this
            > from information Naish put out for the ARX kites. These wind ranges
            > seems to be the most accurate I have seen. If you consider these to
            > be steady winds, they look right. There will always be guys quoting
            > high wind numbers from measuring gusts, but I don't go by gust
            > numbers.
            >
            > Naish put out numbers for the R3 too, but I choose not to use them.
            > They seemed very low and geared toward beginners.
            >
            > Dwight
          • Peter Frank
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
              I was aware of the problem.
              Don't worry - I havent used any data, or copied/reposted any files !

              I just wrote, that the guy who made the range.xls could move it to
              this folder...

              The files I posted was simply the size comparison - no wind ranges.

              Peter.