Kite tech

  • David Trewern
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      I know a few people who have tried to make inflatable. They all thought it
      would be easy - but it turned out to be much harder than they imagined.

      If you donĀ¹t have the right materials the kite falls apart, and if it's not
      put together very accurately, it won't fly and handle properly.

      I think using a carbon spar might be a waste of time -

      I would either go the whole hog and try and copy an existing kite, or don't
      bother. (Unless you have the time and money to make lots of prototypes).

      Your 3d shape looks good though..

      DT