RE: [ksurf] Re: ARX vs Airblast vs AR5

  • Andre Myburgh
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      It still sounds as though the 11.5 would suit me (<< a 98KG guy ) best - I'm
      not too worried about the lower range - we usaully have 12+ winds - if I'll
      be able to hang on in 25+ as my skill progress, thats cool. Main thing is, I
      can't afford more than one kite, so I need something to stay on the water
      with as much as possible in the biggest possible wind range. From what I
      read, the Airblast has a bigger range than the AR5? (and the ARX?). What
      size Airblast would suit me then?

      Thanks again for the replies, it really helps (also to keep me sane while I
      wait to buy my first inflatable)

      BTW, I've been flying two line foils for about 4 years now (no kitesurfing
      though) and have surfed for 2 years, so I've allready been advised not to go
      for the AR3.5 types.)

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
        Either Naish AR5 13.5 or 11.5 would work now. But the 11.5 will be
        weak for the low range. I'd recommend the 15.5, but you want it for a
        much higher wind range.

        The ARX is even better, improved foil/aspect ratio/tapered
        shape/materials/range. Note the newer AR5's have been upgraded,
        materials are better. ARX will rock the kite world.

        unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>