footstrap placement on twintips

  • trogg@cwcom.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2001
      Hi guys

      I recently bought the 185 AHD TwinTip.

      Would like to know the best position for the footstraps, ie
      - straight across
      - pointed out
      - how wide, shoulder wide or wider
      - off centre towards the heal edge or centred
      etc etc

      I know that everyone will say it depends on preference, BUT I have no
      preference........ as I haven't ridden one yet.

      As with a snowboard, I haven't changed the settings since I started 4
      years ago... and can really cut up a mountain.

      Any advice would be much appreciated.
      Thanks in advance
      Trog
    • bnow@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2001
        Hi Trog

        It is of course personal preference, but I find the following setup
        works well for me. My stance is centered even on both ends of the
        board, my bindings are slightly ducked out about 7 degrees each, and
        my stance is about 18 inches wide center to center. I find a good
        way to help people figure out their stance, is to do the following:
        Get a tape measure in hand first. Now jump straight up, kick both
        feet in back of you ( Tony Finn fashion air style ) and then return
        your feet down to the ground. Do this a few times until your
        comfortable with doing it eyes closed. Do it several times until you
        feel consistently stable when you land. Once on the ground move your
        weight back and forth from one foot to the other. Get a feel for how
        stable your stance feels to you. If you need to; widen your stance
        a bit until you feel stable in jumping, landing, and shifting your
        weight. Now do it one more time and take a look at the position of
        your stance. Take note of the angle of your feet and measure the
        distance of your stance from the center of each foot. You may want to
        do this a few times to see how consistent you are in angle and
        measurements. Now set the angle and width of your stance on your
        board. This should get you pretty close to a stance that will feel
        stable for you.

        Mark

      • trogg@cwcom.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
          Many thanks guys - will check it out this weekend.