Re: Overpowered with foils

  • andatv@gte.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hi,

      I fly F ONE STW 700 and for my weight of 66kg. I am getting 10 to
      22knots range. It is not fun to fly it with constant wind at high end
      range, I agree. Thera are, although, few fhings you can do
      although...to start with bridle adjustment.
      With STW I can move wingtips bridle connecting point from "C"
      connector to MAIN connector (the one collecting A,B and C). This will
      force the kite to rounder shape and reduce power. Adjustment is eaisy
      and quick to be done on the beach. This trick I was tought by Raphael
      from F ONE USA.
      Another thing...while riding overpowered...try to fly the kite very
      close to water...like 0.5 meter above surface...It helps.

      Andre
    • Go Xtreme! XtremeBigAir.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
        Another trick: fly your kite with shorter line: 30M or 25M. You will
        gain at least 5kts and boost bigger jump.
        Go Xtreme,
        Kinsley Wong
        http://XtremeBigAir.com/KiteSurfing

        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, andatv@g... wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I fly F ONE STW 700 and for my weight of 66kg. I am getting 10 to
        > 22knots range. It is not fun to fly it with constant wind at high
        end
        > range, I agree. Thera are, although, few fhings you can do
        > although...to start with bridle adjustment.
        > With STW I can move wingtips bridle connecting point from "C"
        > connector to MAIN connector (the one collecting A,B and C). This
        will
        > force the kite to rounder shape and reduce power. Adjustment is
        eaisy
        > and quick to be done on the beach. This trick I was tought by
        Raphael
        > from F ONE USA.
        > Another thing...while riding overpowered...try to fly the kite very
        > close to water...like 0.5 meter above surface...It helps.
        >
        > Andre
      • Ro
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2001
          > really hard. Is there anyone of you flying his foils with shorter
          lines
          > (like 20 m) when it gets windy and is it the way to go to improve
          their
          > range.
          >
          > Before I buy a new set of 20 m lines I'd like to know if it will
          really help
          > me covering this 15 to 20 knots range.

          Hi,

          I do fly with shorter lines with my CA 4.8 and 7.2 when wind picks up
          thus increasing the wind range of both foils.

          I have a 25m line set with and an add on set of 10m. They work really
          fine. You can notice an increase in pull when on 35m compared to 25m.

          Good tacks

          Rod