Re: Almost ripped my arms off!

  • bnow@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1 12:54 PM
      What was probably happening is that the drag from the kite lines
      was changing the angle of the kite so much, it was like trying to
      launch past the window's edge causing the kite to luff. If you had
      an adjustment strap on your bar, you could have possibly shortened
      the rear lines, or lengthen the front lines to compensate for the
      drag on the flying lines, causing the angle of the kite to change.

      Mark

      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, bnow@e... wrote:
      > AHHH! Thank You
      >
      > This explanation clears up the confusion. You may have indeed
      > launched to close to the edge of the wind window. The small kite
      > probably did not fill enough to pull the lines tight in that amount
      > of wind. It may have just luffed back into the power zone.
      >
      > Mark
      >

      > WHAT MY FRIEND IS TRYING TO SAY IS THAT WHEN WE FLEW THE KITE THE
      > > WIND SPEED WAS AROUND 27MPH.TRYING TO FLY THE KITE FROM THE EDGE
      OF
      > > THE WIND WINDOW WAS NOT POSSIBLE AS THE LINES WERE GOING WITH THE
      > > WIND,SO AS YOU LET GO OF THE KITE IT BOUNCED AROUND THE FLOOR
      > MAKING
      > > ITS WAY TO THE POWER ZONE. MAYBE THE WIND WAS TO STRONG AS WE
      COULD
    • m.diffey@breathemail.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2 10:49 AM
        -I FLY THE KITE ON 2 LINES ONLY,BOTH THE BREAK LINES R TYED OFF 2 THE
        MAIN LINES.
        MARK WHAT KITE DO U FLY?
        AND WHAT STYLE OF BOARD DO U RIDE?
        WHAT DO U THINK OF THE PETER LYNN ARC?
        CHEERS MATT.

      • bnow@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2 9:00 PM
          Hey Matt

          I apologize for the brain fart on my part, for assuming you were
          using a four-line setup on your kite.

          I fly the Peter Lynn ARC kites, use a killer Monkey AIR twin tip
          kiteboard, and of course I think the Peter Lynn ARC is one of the
          best kite designs going in kiteboarding today. Check the archives
          here under "ARC" and you can read what myself and others have said
          about our experience with flying the ARC. Also you can check out
          these web sites: www.monkeyair.com, and the Peter Lynn site
          www.peterlynnkites.co.nz/.

          Take care.

          Mark

          --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, m.diffey@b... wrote:
          > -I FLY THE KITE ON 2 LINES ONLY,BOTH THE BREAK LINES R TYED OFF 2
          THE
          > MAIN LINES.
          > MARK WHAT KITE DO U FLY?
          > AND WHAT STYLE OF BOARD DO U RIDE?
          > WHAT DO U THINK OF THE PETER LYNN ARC?
          > CHEERS MATT.
          >

          > -- In kitesurf@egroups.com, bnow@e... wrote:
          > > What was probably happening is that the drag from the kite
          lines
          > > was changing the angle of the kite so much, it was like trying to
          > > launch past the window's edge causing the kite to luff. If you
          had
          > > an adjustment strap on your bar, you could have possibly
          shortened
          > > the rear lines, or lengthen the front lines to compensate for the
          > > drag on the flying lines, causing the angle of the kite to change.
          > >
          > > Mark
          > >
          > > --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, bnow@e... wrote:
          > > > AHHH! Thank You
          > > >
          > > > This explanation clears up the confusion. You may have
          indeed
          > > > launched to close to the edge of the wind window. The small
          kite
          > > > probably did not fill enough to pull the lines tight in that
          > amount
          > > > of wind. It may have just luffed back into the power zone.
          > > >
          > > > Mark
          > > >

          > > > WHAT MY FRIEND IS TRYING TO SAY IS THAT WHEN WE FLEW THE KITE
          THE
          > EDGE
          > > OF
          > THE
          > > > MAKING
          > > COULD
        • Stefano
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 23 12:54 PM
            > I agree-for your own savety and for other people:
            > take more lessons !
            > With Kitesurfing it is very useful to take lessons!

            today in a portuguese language forum we had a newbee ask how to launch he
            kite while in the water with his feet in the straps on his 7 foot
            directional.... he wants to launch the kite that way so that he can launch
            it and take off immediately likes hes seen "in the videos"

            not only is he asking , he has tried this on 5 different days... and says he
            actually got onto the board on one try !

            DEFINITELY this guy needs lessons