Re: [ksurf] How to make twintip? Todd et. al.

  • dean morgan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2001
      duncan,

      I have just had shaped a stonker shark model board using clark
      foam,by a shaper who is a good friend of mine,and has been shapeing
      boards for the past 30 years. what you must realise is that none of the
      clark blanks have suitable,or the same rocker that you need for a twin
      tip,what you need to decide is how much rocker you want i have very
      little and you will need to shape part of the rocker,either in or out as
      to suit, we used a mini mal blank.this enables you to adjust wher your
      rocker should be,it gives you plenty of scope for shapeing as the blanks
      in this size are generally thicker.
      hope this helps.one tip glass the board with triple 6oz on the deck,and
      single 6oz on the bottom this will help you attain strengh on the
      deck,and sharper rails,the more glass you put on the bottom the more you
      lose the sharpness in the rails,mine are like razors running the whole
      length of the board.

      regards
      dean
      south wales, uk

      Duncan Wallace wrote:

      > Any advice on building a twin tip using a clark foam blank would be
      > appreciated. Which blank should i use for a Stonker/RRD style twin
      > tip with different length rails? What is the correct rocker, rail
      > shape etc.
      >
      > I am 175 and will us it for my 9.0 Naish and 16 Wipi

    • Duncan Wallace
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2001
        Thanks Dean, how much rocker did you use on your board? I assume the
        mid portion of the board is pretty flat. I have know idea how much
        flip to use a the ends 1", 2"? If the board is relatively flat
        where do you start the end rocker? I should be able to order a custom
        rocker pattern from clark. Is the rocker pattern so radically
        different that they won't make a blank that flat?

        unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>
      • info@tomahawk-customs.de
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2001
          Hi,
          if you have any questions on building boards,just come to my forum.
          its a mostly german forum but it shouldnt be a problem if you post in
          english.It is online for 3 days now,so dont expect to much.
          You will get answers to any question you might have.
          Regards Gert
        • info@tomahawk-customs.de
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 22, 2001
            --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, info@t... wrote:
            > Hi,
            > if you have any questions on building boards,just come to my forum.
            > its a mostly german forum but it shouldnt be a problem if you post
            in
            > english.It is online for 3 days now,so dont expect to much.
            > You will get answers to any question you might have.
            > Regards Gert
            Forgot the most importend thing www.tomahawk-customs.de
          • Robin Zwissler
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 22, 2001