How to make twintip? Todd et. al.

  • Duncan Wallace
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2001
      Any advice on building a twin tip using a clark foam blank would be
      appreciated. Which blank should i use for a Stonker/RRD style twin
      tip with different length rails? What is the correct rocker, rail
      shape etc.

      I am 175 and will us it for my 9.0 Naish and 16 Wipi

    • Rainer Leuschke
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2001
        Duncan et al,
        Check out my web page for some info on board construction and building
        plans: students.washington.edu/rainer
        That should get you started in terms of lines. To see which clark blank
        you need, get a catalog from fiberglasssupply.com (Bingen) and see which
        chunk of foam will fit. I personally would build with just divinycell, but
        that's another story.
        Have fun,
        R!

        Message: 10
        Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 18:49:41 -0000
        From: "Duncan Wallace" <windman@...>
        Subject: How to make twintip? Todd et. al.

        Any advice on building a twin tip using a clark foam blank would be
        appreciated. Which blank should i use for a Stonker/RRD style twin
        tip with different length rails? What is the correct rocker, rail
        shape etc.

        I am 175 and will us it for my 9.0 Naish and 16 Wipi

        -- ,--+___. oOOOOOOo
        ,/ | \ / /
        ___ / | \. Rainer Leuschke / /
        __ / | \. phone: (w) 206-685-0900 / /
        __ / 14 |\ \ (h) 206-547-8927 / /
        | ~~ | \ \ / /
        | | \ \ / /
        | | \ \ Weight is only of use / /
        | | \ | in steamrollers. o /
        +--o o--| \ | - Uffa Fox 'U~
        .|_[]{ }_|------+======' )\
        M|_______________| -;---'
        U H
      • Duncan Wallace
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
          Rainer, I checked out your page and it's well detailed. I also
          noticed you were using divinycell which I'm not quite ready to try
          yet. You going to try and get out tomorrow? 15-25 up north.

          --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Rainer Leuschke <rainer@u...> wrote:

          > Duncan et al,
          > Check out my web page for some info on board construction and
          building
          > plans: students.washington.edu/rainer
          > That should get you started in terms of lines. To see which clark
          blank
          > you need, get a catalog from fiberglasssupply.com (Bingen) and see
          which
          > chunk of foam will fit. I personally would build with just
          divinycell, but
          > that's another story.
          > Have fun,
          > R!
          >
          > Message: 10
          > Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 18:49:41 -0000
          > From: "Duncan Wallace" <windman@p...>
          > Subject: How to make twintip? Todd et. al.
          >
          > Any advice on building a twin tip using a clark foam blank would be
          > appreciated. Which blank should i use for a Stonker/RRD style twin
          > tip with different length rails? What is the correct rocker, rail
          > shape etc.
          >
          > I am 175 and will us it for my 9.0 Naish and 16 Wipi
          >
          > -- ,--+___.
          oOOOOOOo
          > ,/ | \ / /
          > ___ / | \. Rainer Leuschke / /
          > __ / | \. phone: (w) 206-685-
          0900 / /
          > __ / 14 |\ \ (h) 206-547-
          8927 / /
          > | ~~ | \
          \ / /
          > | | \ \ / /
          > | | \ \ Weight is only of use / /
          > | | \ | in steamrollers.
          o /
        • info@tomahawk-customs.de
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2001
            --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Duncan Wallace" <windman@p...> wrote:
            > Any advice on building a twin tip using a clark foam blank would be
            > appreciated. Which blank should i use for a Stonker/RRD style twin
            > tip with different length rails? What is the correct rocker, rail
            > shape etc.
            >
            > I am 175 and will us it for my 9.0 Naish and 16 Wipi

            as far as i know clark-foam is not producing any kiteblanks.
            i am selling kiteboardblanks(directionals as well as twintips).
            they have rockerlines that work.foam similar to clark with single ,
            double or trippel stringer.
            gert schrader
            tomahawk-customs
          • Duncan Wallace
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2001
              How much? How do I get one and do you have any assymetrical twintips?

            • info@tomahawk-customs.de
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2001
                --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Duncan Wallace" <windman@p...> wrote:
                > How much? How do I get one and do you have any assymetrical
                twintips?

                > > as far as i know clark-foam is not producing any kiteblanks.
                > > i am selling kiteboardblanks(directionals as well as twintips).
                > > they have rockerlines that work.foam similar to clark with single
                ,
                > > double or trippel stringer.
                > > gert schrader
                > > tomahawk-customs

                first problem, i am not in the us,i am in germany.
                shipping shouldnt be a problem,but its maybe expencive.
                the price is about 90$+ shipping.
                i can check kost if you want.another possibiliti is to check
                if my blankdistributor is selling in the us.
                i will fone him on monday and mail you if they do.

                gert >>
                ps. i have assymetrikals