Re: [ksurf] Opinion on Gear

  • zaluskim
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2000
      9.5 AR5 is to small for those winds. It's wind range starts at 14 and can
      be taken up to 25. You might want to get a 15.5 for those winds. My weight
      is similar to yours and I own a 9.5 AR5. I hope this helps, I don't know
      anything about the board you are going to get but have not seen a good
      production board yet all are too long and too fat and it sounds like you are
      a good athlete so you might want to get a smaller board maybe even a twin
      tip because of your snowboarding and skateboarding background. My
      girlfriends son who is snowboarder started kiting with me not to long ago
      and barely go upwind on a directional but tried my twin tip and now wants
      one also.
      Good Luck