Re: [ksurf] Almost ripped my arms off!

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2000
      2 things i find when launchin small kites cuz there sketchy is
      steer like a motha into the wind ( or power window same thing ) window edge
      all the way up to the top
      also sometimes the wind is a bit diffenent even a few feet off the ground
      so when you launch sometimes you have to fly it way ferther over than you
      think the edge of the window is
      it sounds like u flew a bit through the power zone
      also
      try flying your kite with half of the line length
      like if you fly 30 meter lines go 15 meter when it is really blowin
      or evn shorter if you find it crazy
      i usually kite ski with a b-3 slingshot trainer on 50-60 meter lines to get
      up over the wind gradient
      today was blowin really good and i flew with 25 meter lines
      if i hadda flew with my regular lines i would have been dragged to florida
      it makes a huge difference when you change line length
      good luk
      Dan
      Toronto