Re: [ksurf] LINES 4 ARC

  • decay@pop.ihug.co.nz
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2000
      Matt,

      The 840 (6m projected) is the best size for an average rider (70-85kg) on a
      decent sized (170-200cm) board in a resonable (12-20knts) wind range.

      If your size/board/conditions meet the above then I would recommend you get an
      840 over the slower flying 1140.

      If you weigh more, want to use a wake board or have lighter wind than this then
      the 1140 would be a better bet.

      The ARC comes with standard with a Naish style bar with a centre depower loop.
      This system works well when tuned up, back does make solo launches and landings
      a bit of a pain. A much better option in MHO is the Twist Grip bar - it allows
      triming, solo launches/landings and nose down relaunches. I have posted a lot
      of detail on how this bar works in egroups, just do a search on Twist Grip.

      Dave

      > IF I WAS TO BUY THE 840 ARC WHAT LINES WILL I NEED TO FLY IT?
      > DO I NEED A BAR WITH A DEPOWERING RING?
      > THX MATT.

    • Dan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2000
        hey dave
        can you give me the web link 4 the twist grip bar i want 1
        thanx
        Dan

      • m.diffey@breathemail.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
          THX DAVE
          AT THE MOMENT I ONLY FLY A 26 & 40 skytiger on a wipika bar.
          so u say that if i buy a peter lynn arc it comes with its own bar?
          what do u think of starting to kitesurf on a wake style board?
          thx matt