new VARCs (com)

  • Litewave Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2000
      are they available already? What about wind window one would use it
      in (I'm 90 kg, 6'6") - is it too massive, is the 11.8 better?
      Any comments would be appreciated.

      Being a Wipika dealer and rider, I called the international sales
      manager yesterday to clear up some confusion.

      The 6.4, 8.4, and 11.8 AirBlast VARCs will be out around 2/1/01. The
      11.8AirBlast is about equal to the current 16.0Free Air(currently
      available and on sale).

      According to the Wipika top-dawg, the 16.4 will be out in a couple of
      months...they're still "tweaking the design". It's really huge...as if
      the 16m Free Air isn't?

      Get a kite/board combo at a discount on my website :o)

      --
      Kite-on,

      Litewave Dave
      http://www.litewavedesigns.com
    • Jeff Quick
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2000
        That new 16.4 Wipika kite is what I have my eyes set on, as these
        steady 8-12 MPH breezes here in San Diego are just a tease for my
        15.5...sure you can plane in these winds.... DOWNWIND, all while
        working the sh*t out of the kite and your arms! You end up a mile
        downwind looking like a kook (atleast thats whay happens to me when
        the wind is that light). It takes steady 14 MPH to solidly cruise
        with my 15.5 and my 157m LWD custom. I think the new 16.4 (which is
        23.3 projected or so) will be the answer for the 80% of us who dont
        get bigtime wind.

        Jeff

        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Litewave Dave <info@l...> wrote:

        > are they available already? What about wind window one would use it
        > in (I'm 90 kg, 6'6") - is it too massive, is the 11.8 better?
        > Any comments would be appreciated.
        >

        > Being a Wipika dealer and rider, I called the international sales
        > manager yesterday to clear up some confusion.
        >
        > The 6.4, 8.4, and 11.8 AirBlast VARCs will be out around 2/1/01.
        The
        > 11.8AirBlast is about equal to the current 16.0Free Air(currently
        > available and on sale).
        >
        > According to the Wipika top-dawg, the 16.4 will be out in a couple
        of
        > months...they're still "tweaking the design". It's really huge...as
        if
        > the 16m Free Air isn't?
        >
        > Get a kite/board combo at a discount on my website :o)
        >
        > --
        > Kite-on,
        >
        > Litewave Dave
        > http://www.litewavedesigns.com
      • Robin Zwissler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
          > That new 16.4 Wipika kite is what I have my eyes set on, as these
          > steady 8-12 MPH breezes here in San Diego are just a tease for my
          > 15.5...sure you can plane in these winds.... DOWNWIND, all while
          > working the sh*t out of the kite and your arms! You end up a mile
          > downwind looking like a kook (atleast thats whay happens to me when
          > the wind is that light). It takes steady 14 MPH to solidly cruise
          > with my 15.5 and my 157m LWD custom. I think the new 16.4 (which is
          > 23.3 projected or so) will be the answer for the 80% of us who dont
          > get bigtime wind.

          Jeff, maybe the Flysurfer.de 12.0m2 is the answer.

          Robin
        • Jeff Quick
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
            I made a typo/mistake here:

            The new 16.4 Wipika is total area of 22.3 Sq meters, not 23.3
            projected...It was late last night! :)

            Jeff