[ksurf] Re: landing and launching fones (help)

  • F.ONE
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 1999
      Hi ,
      about lauching the F.ONE kite , the trick is to inflate the kite before you
      go to the boom.
      For this you take the kite directly at the bridles , your hands between A
      and B bridles , that is the front one and the middle one .
      When you pull on A the kite is going up if you pul with the back of your
      hands on the B the kite is going back down .
      So keep it just above your head until the air fill up completly the kite ,
      around 30 seconds , depand wind force .
      Then put sand on one edge facing the wind .
      Go to the boom and launch it on the edge of the window .

      This is only possible if you inflate the kite before and much more safe !
      Of course you should go directly to the boom , everything should be ready to
      go , not putting your wetsuit in between !

      More time the kite is taking to take is volume more time he will keep this
      volume and more chances you will have to relaunch it from water .

      About landing , on the window edge with someone ready to grab it or behind a
      dune so he doesn't fly away to fast .

      About 3 or 4 lines , you will use the same launching on the beach but you
      will have much more chances to relaunch it from water .
      For landing on the beach pulling on the brakes lines , the kite is keeping
      his volume so is pulling more than a normal kite so don't do it in too much
      wind .

      See on water
      Raphaël Salles