[ksurf] Naish Wings

  • Martin Rothwell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 1999
      Thought you all may be interested in the following which looks like a press release from Naish. A friend in the world of wind surfing emailed it to me just now.

      Good wind for everyone!

      Martin

      Message:

      IT'S TIME TO FLY
      Naish Sails Hawaii expands into Kite Surfing

      Maui, Hawaii . . . Naish Sails Hawaii is pleased to announce the expansion
      of the Naish brand into the kite surfing world.  After two years of
      development, Naish is releasing a complete line of kites, kite boards and
      accessories.  Leading the way in innovation, the design team of Don Montague and Robby
      Naish has created a state-of-the-art line of kite surfing gear that has
      left the windsurfing, wake boarding, and kite surfing industries ablaze with
      anticipation.

      Naish kites are easy to use and self-launching from the water because they
      utilize a patented inflatable strut system.  Some recent refinements to the
      self-launching system have broadened the appeal of kite surfing and made it
      a reality to a wide range of water sport enthusiasts.

      Robby Naish, President of Naish Sails Hawaii, foresees a large market
      potential for kite surfing especially in light-to-moderate winds.  "Over the past
      several months of kite testing, I've discovered the thrill and performance
      level that one can experience in light wind.  It became obvious to us all
      that kite surfing is the perfect light wind compliment to windsurfing," stated
      Naish.  "Our team is still totally committed to windsurfing, and it will
      always remain our core business.  However, kites are the perfect extension to
      our sail line.  Since both sports mesh so well together, we will continue to
      grow our business and become a major player in both industries."
      "The attraction of kite surfing to other water sports is mind blowing,"
      commented Don Montague, Designer for Naish Sails Hawaii.  "After a year of
      testing kites, we have found several ways to improve the equipment and expand
      kiting's allure to the masses. Windward performance and ease of use have been
      the major drawbacks of kite surfing, and we are not just jumping into the
      business.  A great deal of time and resources have been dedicated to the
      development of a system that makes kiting a possibility for everyone who tries
      it."

      "Kite Surfing has re-ignited my passion for windsurfing," stated former
      windsurfing World Champion, Peter Cabrinha.  "The feeling kite surfing gives
      you of flying, even in light winds, is better than any amusement ride I've
      ever been on.  Kite Surfing has actually given me a better feel for the wind,
      which has helped me fine tune my windsurfing."

      Naish Sails Hawaii is producing nine sizes of kites, and five sizes of kite
      boards, which will be available by late spring 1999.  The kites are
      "two-line" and "four-line" designs with a quick release safety system.  They will
      be available in 13.0, 11.0, 9.0, 7.0, 5.0, 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, and 1.0 sizes.  The
      size range will cover winds from 4 to 35 knots.  Each kite will be sold
      complete with a control boom, harness line, hand pump, repair kit, safety
      carrying case, quick release system, and all the necessary flying lines.  The
      Naish kite package is unique to everything else on the market, and makes it
      easy for consumers to get started in the sport.

      The different styles of kite boards will accommodate most kite surfers from
      entry level to expert.  Made from the most modern materials, the Naish kite
      boards are being produced in several different foam core constructions.

      Naish Sails Hawaii is using its existing worldwide importer network to
      distribute the kites and kite boards.  Retailer inquiries can be submitted via
      email to support@....

      If you haven't seen it, you will soon.  For more details and photos of
      Naish kites, check out www.naishsails.com.
      Naish Sails Hawaii kites . . . It's time to fly!

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/kitesurf
      www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

    • jquick1@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 1999